In her second baking blog, guest blogger Ella Tarn gives that seasonal staple a Yule Log, a fudge makeover …
Did you know that the 16th December is ‘National Chocolate Covered Anything Day? No, nor did I, but I am happy as Larry now that I do. Anything covered in chocolate is OK by me. But why not take it that step further and smother everything in chocolate fudge? Why not indeed? It is almost Christmas after all and we all know that Christmas calories don’t count.
Christmas is just around the corner, and if you’re anything like me you’ve already emptied a party/family/wholesale size packet of Celebrations, before pillaging a box of mince pies. Time to move on to something bigger and better. Fudge Kitchen have afforded us mere mortals with the opportunity to make their fudge at home with their Home Kit. Not only this, they have a serving suggestion of dousing a Yule Log in your home-made creation. Here’s how to get this Christmas miracle in your life;
1. Purchase said Home Kit from one of Fudge Kitchen’s 8 stores, or online (www.fudgekitchen.co.uk)
2. Make chocolate fudge according to instructions – glass of mulled wine optional.
3. Take your pre-made or pre-bought chocolate Swiss roll and cut off the end on a diagonal. Place it on the side of the roll near the end, to give it the signature ‘tree stump’.
4. Before your newly made fudge completely sets pour it over your log as a great fudgey alternative to chocolate.
5. Dust with icing sugar and decorate with holly.
6. Try not to consume in one go. Fail, if you like.