Hurrah, it’s National Ice Cream Month… …and finally we have the weather for it!
Join us in celebrating National Ice Cream Month with this sumptuously naughty chocolate and orange ice cream sundae.
I love this desert idea because it’s so quick and simple to do and it uses items which can easily be stored away in the freezer and cupboards for impromptu occasions. However, the best part about this recipe, apart from the taste!, is although quite simple, it can easily be dressed up or down depending on the occasion – it’s the little black dress of deserts! …Ideal for a stylish dinner party when presented in an elegant dish, or a great quick treat at a BBQ when thrown into a tall glass.
- Cut your slice of fudge into small cubes, keeping them separate to ensure they don’t stick back together, and place to one side.
- Spoon a big dollop of your Chocolate & Orange Fudge Sauce into a microwavable jug, and place into a microwave for 5-10 seconds to soften the sauce for easy pouring, and set to one side.
- Place some of your orange segments into the bottom of your glass or dish, add a few fudge pieces and drizzle a little sauce.
- Next add a scoop of chocolate ice cream, one scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Repeat your orange, fudge pieces and sauce layer.
- Add a scoop of each flavour ice cream and finish with a topping of whipped cream and fudge pieces.
Do you have any fudge inspired recipes? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a your recipe and photos; if we use your recipe in our blog we’ll send you a free fudge slice of your choosing.