We’re very excited to announce that from Saturday 4th July our high street shops will re-open their doors – and we can’t wait to catch up with visitors and customers, both new and old. We’ve missed each other, and we’ve missed you!
Retail staff have been safely furloughed but kept busy with our weekly Fudge Challenges and regular updates so the essence of the Fudge Family remains very much intact, connected and raring to get back to making the best fudge in the world and delivering it to our fudge-loving customers in our usual entertaining way. Since the closure of our High Street shops in March we have focused on servicing our growing on line business to keep the fudge flame alight and we are very grateful for the huge support our customers have given us during this difficult time. It’s been heart-warming to be a key part of people’s well-wishing to their loved ones, whether self-isolating, furloughed, or recovering from COVID-19. Your warm wishes & positive reviews have helped keep us focused on what we do best. “Fudge can’t fix life, but it does make it sweeter”.
So, From Saturday 4th July, six of our high street shops will re-open their doors: Bath, Cambridge, Edinburgh, Oxford, Windsor, & York. While business on the High Street slowly recovers with a significant number of customers still self-isolating or preferring to order on-line, our Canterbury shop, which is the home of our stalwart mail-order team, will remain closed to the public. This extended temporary closure will allow our Kent team to safely concentrate on the online order fulfilment so we can continue to respond to this new demand effectively and provide the best and most efficient service. If you are a customer local to the Canterbury, fear not, you can purchase on-line with a special ‘locals’ code that will deliver fudge to your door postage-free.
New safety measures in place…
In preparation for the re-opening and following Government guidelines, we’ve introduced a range of new safety measures to make your shopping experience as easy and safe as possible:
- Menu cards positioned in our windows allowing you to make flavour choices whilst queuing or before entering the shop. We’ve also temporarily introduced a set price for single slices of fudge, alongside our popular box deals, to make the selection process easier.
- Printed information leaflets available to take away, positioned outside each shop for customers who would rather not wait, or are anxious about entering the shop. This form allows customers to place their orders online, with free delivery using a unique code, whilst also crediting the store they visited with the sale.
- We’ve gone Cashless! As we did ahead of the lockdown measures, we’re asking customers to pay by card, and preferably by contactless payment if able to.
- New social distancing markers on the floors to help guide you through
- Hand sanitiser pumps fitted for customer use before and after entering the shop.
- Clear protective barriers have been used to create a one-way system throughout, including screening off the fudge making area and sneeze-guards above our counter spaces, to protect our staff.
- New counter Collection Points to allow customers to pick up their fudge in a contact-less way.
- Our staff will help you shop safely – they may ask you to wait outside in order to keep a safely distanced number of people inside at any one time. We appreciate everyone’s patience with this measure.
Its onwards and upwards for us at Fudge Kitchen and we really hope to see you in our one of our shops very soon, you will be very welcome.
Thank you all, and may the Fudge be with you