Our team at Bath have been hunched over their cauldrons concocting this wicked and wonderful recipe: A delicious sweet and moist pumpkin pie made with Fudge Kitchen Toffee and Chocolate Fudge Sauce:
Pastry- We cheated and bought a sweet short crust pastry case but if you would like to make your pastry a recipe is easily available online.
350g of pumpkin flesh cut into 2.5cm chunks
1 large egg plus another yolk
60g soft dark brown sugar
1tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg
1/2tsp of ground allspice
1/2tsp of ground cloves
1/2tsp of ground ginger
200ml of double cream
½ a jar of Fudge Kitchen Toffee Fudge Sauce
Topping- Fudge Kitchen Chocolate Fudge Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Scoop out pumpkin insides, skin and cut flesh into chunks
3. Steam the pumpkin then drain and press to remove excess water.
4. Blend with the Toffee Fudge Sauce to create a smooth liquid, put to one side.
5. Lightly whisk together the eggs in a large bowl.
6. Mix the sugar, spices and cream in a pan and bring to a simmer, whisking to mix everything together.
7. Pour over the eggs and whisk again, briefly.
8. Add the pumpkin puree, still whisking to combine everything.
9. Now pour the filling into your pastry case and bake for 35-40 minutes so that it is puffy round the edges but a little wobbly in the centre.
10. Leave pie to cool
11. Using the Chocolate Fudge Sauce create your spooky Halloween design on top of the pie, we chose a pumpkin face but you may do anything you like!