“If you’ve ever been lured into one of our shops by an enthusiastic fudge maker wielding a huge spatula and promising free samples, you’ll know that Fudge Kitchen is its staff. If you’ve stood and watched the theatre of fresh fudge being authentically made to the running, hugely knowledgeable, generally slightly deranged commentary of one of our fudgeteers, you’ll appreciate how indebted we are to them and what special people they are. If you’ve ever flicked through the ecstatic reviews that all our shops accumulate on TripAdvisor, you’ll join us in celebrating our Fudge Family: a group of brilliantly skilled, hilariously engaging, spectacularly nuts, deeply creative artisans who are wonderful ambassadors for Fudge Kitchen and who are passionate about their confectionery.” Fudge Kitchen MD, Sian Holt
In a new Staff Spotlight blog series, we will be introducing you to members of this crazy confection of confectioners, through an entirely frivolous, totally pointless questionnaire. First up ….
Mikey: manager of our Canterbury Shop, scene of not only the finest fudge making, but also of our incredible Liquid Fudge sauce range creating …
- How long have you worked at FK? 15 years
- Favourite flavour? Peanut butter chocolate
- Favourite FK product? Peanut brittle
- What do you like about your job? Interaction with the public and making people happy!
- Favourite activities when you’re not at work? I play guitar in a rock band. Also, watching films and going to the cinema to watch more films.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? I couldn’t live without meat in my life. I love meat!
- What kind of music do you listen to? Anything that isn’t total tripe, anything that catches my ear!
- What’s your favourite TV programme? It’s always sunny in Philadelphia
- If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? I love Mexican food.
- Dog or cat person? Neither- I don’t do animals.
- Motto or Personal Mantra: To insanity and beyond
- How long is a piece of string? This long.
- If you could sell fudge to any person alive or dead, who would it be? Josh Homme!
- What is the most overrated film of all time? Any Star Wars film
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Is there a third option?
- In the event of a zombie apocalypse where would you run to and what would be your weapon of choice? The cherry tree pub and my weapon of choice would be my bare knuckle.
- Who would play you in a film of your life? Rik Mayall